Here is my review of NYX Matte Finish Setting Spray and MAC Fix+. I just recently bought the 2 products. I actually was going to buy the ELF setting spray and I ended up mistakenly buying the NYX Spray instead. The bottles kinda look alike....lol.
So after hearing so much about this particular setting spray, I decided to indulge myself and see if it really did what they say does. Some of you might not know what MAC Fix + is, so let me explain, it's a vitamin and mineral spray that you spritz or should I say spray on your face to make your makeup look extra flawless and last longer.
So here is basically what it does:
- An aqua-spritz of vitamin and minerals, infused with a blend of green tea, chamomile, cucumber, topped off with the fresh, natural, energizing scent of Sugi.
- Gives radiance, finishes makeup. When you spray it on, your pores drinks it up.
- You can spritz it on a brush to pick up pigments or glitters
- The nozzle's design makes the product come out in a fine mist and it also has a locking mechanism(which I like), making it very practical for travelling and storage in your box.
- To spray, you hold the bottle 20-25 cm away from your face and spray about 3 times, I say 3 times so that you can get all the angles of your dolled up face- once directly from the front, and twice from the sides of my face. I prefer using it when I am done doing all of my makeup, but I have read in some places where you can also spray some on after your foundation and powder application or even as a primer before moving on to the rest of your makeup.
- It gave me the matte finish I needed and kept my makeup for about 3-4hours. But when you consider the heat in this parts, then you would understand why I said 3-4hours.
- It's quite pricey compared to ELF and NYX,
After I invested in Fix+, I decided I wanted to get another spray and I stumbled on this. I set out to buy ELF but I honestly cannot say how I ended up with NYX. I love their Matte Lipsticks and Jumbo pencils and so I decided it wasn't such a bad buy after all.
- The NYX setting spray comes in two types, a matte and a dewy finish.
- The main ingredient is aqua.
- Doesn't irritate my skin.
- Not expensive at all, compared to Fix+
- Small size packaging so it comes in handy in your makeup purse.
- It gives a nice matte finish, but for me it doesn't last long. But it worked well on my T-zone which can be quite oily.
- It doesn't spray that evenly, there were droplet after spraying, but it does dry fast.
Overall, these are both nice mists, but in my opinion, they won't prolong your makeup, and they wont remove it as well. If I had to pick which to buy again, I would go for MAC instead, cause it lasted longer for me than NYX.
Overall, these are both just nice refreshing mists that won’t prolong your makeup(wish it did though, but I have come to the realisation no product would), but neither will they remove it.