It's the breast cancer awareness week again, and Tolu Makeovers is joining all other internet users to go pink for October in an effort to raise awareness for breast cancer. This cancer is killing a lot of women out there and most do not even know they need to check themselves or go for a proper screening. So the little I could do on my part is to join in spreading the word about breast cancer.
So ladies, lets check those boobies before they wreck us.........and spread the word.
Friday, October 25, 2013
Monday, October 21, 2013
Veteran Nigerian born UK-based makeup artist Adekemi Imevbore-Uwaga has been officially announced as the winner of the Beauty Icon Award for the Black Entertainment Film Fashion Television and Arts Awards UK 2013.
Kemi has been in the business of fashion & beauty for over 10 years with an impressive list of clients. She created her makeup brand KemiKings Makeup in 2002 under which she has a makeup line, teaches free classes for the less privileged and upcoming artists and supports the breast cancer foundation through the Path To Possibilities charity of the Look Good Feel Better organisation.
On receiving the BEFFTA award Kemi said “This definitely counts as one of the best things to happen to me. A recognition of this magnitude came as a surprise and I truly appreciate. Special dedication of the award to my husband, my rock and strength, my children, friends, family, colleagues and my clients.”
The celebrity makeup artist will pick up her award in London at the 5th annual BEFFTA UK anniversary celebration on Friday 25th October 2013 in the presence of an international audience and several stars from entertainment, film, fashion, television and arts in Europe, Africa, US and Asia.
Maybelline New York Opens 1st Cosmetics Store In Lagos Nigeria
Popular American cosmetic brand Maybelline formally launch it's brand on Friday 18th October 2013 at the Wheatbaker Hotel, Ikoyi Lagos with fashion and beauty industry insiders and celebrities in attendance.
On top of that, the brand is the official make-up sponsor of the Guaranty Trust Bank Lagos Fashion & Design Week 2013 taking place from Wednesday 23rd – Saturday 26th October 2013.
Maybelline will partner with the legendary MUA Bimpe Onakoya as make up artistic director for the Fashion Week and together bring the most artistic, up-to-the minute looks to the runway shows.
A lot of us ladies, find achieving the eyeliner flick a bit challenging, we believe it can only be achieved by makeup artists. But the reality of it is, it can be done, however, if you know some handy tricks. So try these eyeliner flick tips for a fabulous look.....
- Apply the liner with a steady hand. If your hand tends to be a bit wobbly when putting on makeup, then try lean your elbow on a table. This makes application a lot easier and reduces the chances of having to wipe off your liner and start again...(which can be very annoying)
- Switch to liquid or Gel liners, they are smoother than pencils and don't drag on your eyes when applying and they make the flick easier to do...
- Mark the point on the outside edge of your eye where you want your flick to end. Make sure that the point is slightly up from the corner of your eye. Repeat this on the other eye so they both have even lengths.
- Draw a thin line from the center of your upper lashline to the outer corner, curving it upward at the end toward your temple. Repeat with a line directly above, then fill in any gaps between the two lines.
- Start light. Don't try to draw in a thick line, as the chances are high that it'll end up going wrong. It's better to start by drawing thinner lines, as you can always add more depth.
- However careful you are, there are times when your flick goes wrong. Always have cotton swabs(it allows you to remove tiny areas rather than the whole liner) and eye makeup remover handy, so that you can fix any mistakes.
So let's give it a try, and see if we are able to achieve this. And if we somehow couldn't, then feel free to call on me to come help out at a small token...*winks*. Hope you guys like the new look of my blog? I have been getting reviews asking me to change the outlook for awhile now, and I have been a bit reluctant, but I finally have yielded, so I hope you guys like it. I might still go back to my former outlook, but enjoy this.