Saturday, June 22, 2013
So if you missed the first edition of the Lagos MakeUp Fair last year? here is another opportunity to attend another as POPs Concepts Presents the 2nd Lagos MakeUp Fair (LMUF2) and it's going down live today at:
Anchor Events Place No 2 Registration Close off Lateef Jakande Road behind Union bank after LTV Agidingbi Ikeja Lagos
Time: 10am – 7pm
Attendance is FREE!!!
Wednesday, June 19, 2013
If you are planning to take pictures, there are a number of rules you should strive to keep in order to look good in artificial light and on camera. The lighting that will be used during the shoot depends on the parameters of the venue and you can control its effects through makeup. Sometimes this lights tend to bring out every details of your makeup, so if the application is done poorly, the pictures would not turn out nice.
- Cleanse your face 10-15 minutes before applying foundation. This makes the skin look brighter.
- Foundation should not have a shine or light-reflecting particles. Use a matting variety.
- If there is an area of your face that is particularly flaky, resist the temptation to cover it up with extra foundation. This will only bring attention to that area and make it more noticeable.
- Be careful with the yellow tones if you are taking pictures during the night. Yellow reflects the light of the flash and can ruin your photos. Instead go for the pink tones. They are not reflective and bring balance to the picture.
- Apply blush not only to your cheekbones, but also to your forehead, nose and chin. Apply it with a large brush and quick strokes in order to avoid excessive layering. Dab the brush in the blush and blow it out before you bring it to your face.
- Tweeze or shape your eyebrows a day or two before the shoot. Eyebrows are very important, because they highlight your eyes and set the overall expression of your face.
- Use volume mascara in order to make your eyes look larger and more expressive.
- Outline your lips with a pencil lip liner. If you have a small face with delicate features, be careful not to use too much lip liner and lipstick.
- Avoid using light colored lip liners. They do not look good on photos.
- Make sure your eyeshadows are neatly applied and all fall outs are properly cleaned.
- Never use a product that makes you feel uncomfortable. In order to get the perfect pictures, you have to feel relaxed and comfortable during the shoot.