We apply makeup in the morning or before an outing, and after a few minutes to an hour, we realize the makeup just does not stay on due to our oily face. This can get quite frustrating. And for most people with oily face, they are also prone to breakouts, acne etc....Getting rid of an oily face and shiny T-zone is not an easy thing to do. Anyone who has it, knows what i'm talking about.
But there are actually some positive sides to having an oily face. One of the great thing about this type of skin is that it tends to age at a slower rate than other skin types. That oil, that we hate so much, actually protects our skin and lubricates it and the result is less fine lines and wrinkles in the future.
Here are some few tips that can help you to cover up that oily face look and leave your face looking fresh most of the day.
- Cleanse your face daily. Not more than twice a day, with a gentle cleanser, suitable for oily skin.Avoid alcohol based cleansers as this can make your face oilier by drying your skin out so much that it compensates by producing even more oil. A toner can be helpful after washing your face to decrease shine and make your pores look smaller. It also can be a fast way to get excess oil off your face especially when you don't have the time to wash it.
- A good facial scrub must be done at least twice a week.
- Use a sun block cream with SPF 15 to moisturize your face. This helps especially if you are going out in the sun.
- Let the sun block cream dry up on the face, maybe wait for a second or two.
- Start with a mattifying makeup primer, which will help your makeup last, absorb oil, and prevent it from melting, especially in hot weather.
- Now apply foundation and a concealer to your face to cover up all the blemishes that hides your beautiful features. Use an oil-free foundation and if possible, just use a concealer to cover the spots if they are few. Just make sure to use makeup that doesn't clog the pores and is oil-free. There are some really good foundations for oily skin that control the shine and keep the skin matte. Or you can try pressed powders.