Wednesday, July 20, 2011
Tuesday, July 19, 2011
Where You'll See the LooksYou see these artistic makeup looks on the runway and fashion show models, for advertisements and special photo shoots, in fashion and beauty magazines, and for pageants or performance events. You'll also run across these looks in makeup artists portfolios to showcase their talent, and for makeup competitions or challenge events, as well as holidays and other special events. Some makeup artists and those with particularly expressive and creative personalities may also go avant garde with their makeup any time the mood strikes them for a given day or a given occasion.
For the average woman, avant garde cosmetic styles may not be the norm, but they can make an impact for a special occasion. Women can also glean creative new makeup ideas from avant garde styles and tone them down to a level they are comfortable with for an incredible new look.
Characteristics of this makeup style include:
- Very artistic and unusual or unique
- Dramatic and stylized
- Follow a specific theme or meant to evoke a certain image
- Often uses bold or unusual color
- May have heavy emphasis on a specific feature, often the eyes
- Use of additional mediums beyond the makeup palate, such as gems, feathers, or glitter
- Use professional quality cosmetics
- May take a significant amount of time to create
well i'm gonna be coming up with some avant garde looks myself...so watch out for this space soonest..*winks*
Source: lovetoknow makeup
Monday, July 11, 2011
- First of all find out what works for you. Are you comfortable with waxing, or tweezing or just simply shaping with a blade. Reason being that some of us react to different things. i for example, if i tweeze, am going to have my whole brows swollen for the next 2 days, so I don't like to do it. If you are the very hairy type, I would advice tweezing or waxing cuz the hair is taken out directly from the roots.
- Now find your eyebrow shape.
Your eyebrow shape is a guide to maintaining your brows. The first step to having great brows is to follow your natural shape when you get your eyebrows groomed. Don’t try and change your shape (i.e. flat to angled) because then your eyebrows can look strange and out of place. Find your natural arch. everyone has this little high arch on their brows.
- Keep it looking as natural as possible. There is nothing like having your brows looking beautiful and natural.
Friday, July 8, 2011
* * * *
Personally i consider it a mad game...its just so pointless, but funny aswell sha...more pictures of crazy planking...
Tuesday, July 5, 2011
An inmate who tried to hide in a suitcase to escape jail was sent packing back to his cell, Mexican authorities said.* * * * *
The man, aided by his 19-year-old common law wife, was busted as she tried to wheel him out of a prison in Chetumal in the Caribbean state of Quintana Roo, police said.
Juan Ramirez Tijerina’s bungled prison break followed his conjugal visit with Maria del Mar Arjona. Tijerina is serving a 20-year stretch for illegal weapons possession stemming from a conviction in 2007.
Police said Arjona looked nervous as she struggled to pull the suitcase, which also looked to be unusually heavy. When officers stopped her and opened the case, they found Tijerina curled up in the fetal position.
Arjona now faces prison time for her role in the attempted escape, authorities said.
seriously...what were they thinking of, did they really think they could pull it off? Now the girl goes to prison, so I wonder who tries to busts them out this time...lol
Beyonce officially became the greatest sister in the world, reported the New York Post, when she sent her Solange a generous 25th birthday present: one pair of shoes for every year she's been alive.
And "designer" shoes, no less: the Post writes that Beyonce had her assistant call from England, where she is performing at Glastonbury, and order up 25 pairs of heels from Saks Fifth Avenue and Bergdorf Goodman.
* * * * * * ** *
Ok this is a shout out to my lovely sister...my birthday is coming up real soon, so 'pairs of shoes' won't be so bad..(am sure she would say did i as much as buy one pair on her birthday yesterday?). But won't it be so kool to have a sister just like beyonce?...
- prevent dry skin by decreasing your bath water temperature to lukewarm for those of you that like the water 'hot'.
- use a moisturizing cleansing bar and moisturize the skin with a lotion after drying off the water.
- fight aging with sunscreen and sun protection.
- if you have blemishes or you are prone to it, use oil-free moisturizers that will not clog the pores and avoid any greasy or oily substances on the skin.
- picking at your acne or pimples causes dark spots...so try to avoid picking at those ripe spots on your face.
Monday, July 4, 2011
"Hey my Nigerian Rosebuds I am NOT booked for anything in Nigeria at all if I’m not booked thru firstname.lastname@example.org then its not real. I wld LOVE to come to Nigeria if u guys really want me there Pls book me thru Info@behindhershades.com"* * * * * * * * *
So am wondering whats going on o........