Read more after the cut
- When cleansing, use an oil-based cleanser since it will help dissolve oil better. Do not use harsh cleaners that leave the skin feeling tight. This tightness will restrict oil flow and lead to clogged pores later. Also, massage the face when cleansing to avoid pushing dirt and oil into the pores. Scrubbing will clog the pores. Rinse with warm water to help dissolve oil. Use a mud or clay mask one or two times a week.
- Read labels. Look for products that are for oily skin. Avoid products that contain alcohol since alcohol dries the skin. Petroleum based products such as mineral oil contain too much oil and can further clog pores. Use astringents containing acetone. Acetone dissolves oil better. Moisturizers need to be oil-free. You may only need to moisturize certain areas such as around the eyes. Mature skin will need to moisturize the entire face.
There are certain makeup companies that are known for their work in designing products for specific skin types. I recommend Clinique . It has a reputation for excellent care and products. Revlon Colorstay for Combo/Oily Skin Makeup, Bobbi Brown Oil-Free Even Finish Compact foundation. I didnt pick Iman cuz lately am beginning to doubt it, especially the cream-to-powder foundation, but the oil-blotting pressed powder works fine.
1. Avoid products containing oil from petroleum. This includes mineral oil. Use oil-free makeup or makeup that is intended to benefit oily skin.
2. Avoid makeup that contains alcohol. Alcohol will strip the skin of oil, which may cause the body to produce even more.
3. Look for ingredients such as bismuth oxychloride and dimenthicone. Both can clog pores and may cause blemishes. These are commonly found in foundation or powder based products.
1. Find foundations that contain titanium dioxide, a naturally occurring sun protector.
2. Makeup for oily skin should contain serecite to reduce the appearance of pores and help absorb oil.
3. Kaolin clay added in foundation will help oil control.
4. Zinc oxide used in makeup will act as an anti-inflammatory.