What are Pimples?Bacterial infection in the overactive oil glands situated at the base of the skin generally leads to the formation of Pimples. They are usually pus-filled raised bumps on the skin. Pimples are ugly to look at and most time considered a source of social embarrassment. The face, neck, chest, back and even shoulders are some of the most common sites of this infection.
Frequent breakouts of Pimples are referred to as Acne. Infected blackheads and whiteheads usually lead to the formation of Pimples. Contrary to the popular belief, Pimples are not caused due to dirt, sweat, or consumption of oily foods, chocolates, etc.
Though, the popular conception that Pimples should not be squeezed holds true. The act of picking or squeezing Pimples is discouraged as it may lead to further inflammation and scarring. Although many over the counter medicines and creams are often suggested to cure Pimples, still people are more attracted towards the natural cures in the form of natural home remedies for Pimples because they are safer and cheaper than the conventions methods of treatment.
Causes and Symptoms of Pimples
As already mentioned, overactive oil glands play an important role in causing Pimples. The oil glands tend to become overactive due to overstimulation caused by hormonal changes. The hormonal changes could be triggered by puberty.
Hormonal changes caused by menstrual cycles also contribute in the development of Pimple in women. Though, the problem tends to subside once the hormones settle down. Hereditary factors may also be held responsible for causing Pimples and Acne in some cases.
Repeatedly washing Pimple affected area may also aggravate the problem as skin tends to produce more oil in response to repeated washing and harsh scrubbing. Stress has also been associated, though indirectly, with frequent breakouts of Pimples.
Though, fried and fatty foods do not cause Pimples by themselves, still they do not even help in the process of healing. Self control is the essence of any favorable treatment. Moreover, over consumption of junk food may prove to be unfavorable for the healing process.
HOME REMEDIES FOR REMOVING SPOTS OR SCARS AND CURING PIMPLES
- Aloe Vera prevents d form of any scar.
- Lemon juice is a natural bleach and it brightens any scar and blemishes of d skin
- Honey several times a day gives a natural glow to d skin and removes scars and cures pimples.
- Apply cucumber juice to d skin, leave 4 15 mins and wash with cold water
- Vitamin E is considered healthy for brighter glowing skin. Application of Vitamin E oil or capsule to the scar would completely vanish the scar in few weeks.
- Apply ripe tomatoe pulp or cuccumber on pimples and keep up to an hour then wash.
- Make sure while cleaning your face you use a soft towel so as not to irritate the area.
- Rubbing garlic on the affected area several times in a day is one of the most effective though smelly natural home remedies for Pimples. For quicker results, garlic should also be taken internally.
How to reduce pimples:
- Regularly shampoo your hair.
- Avoid unnecessarily touching your affected areas.
- Change your dirty cloths; always wear clean and fresh cloth.
- Wash your face twice a day with mild soap.
- Avoid over make-up, only wear on special occasions.
- Try to minimize your stress levels.
- Keep a food diary to work out.