Here are some homemade beauty foods or should i say products:
- Avocado (that thing we call pear).......this may be naturally high in fat, but most of it is healthy and good for youthful skin, it also neutralises bad fat in other foods, so in short, it could help to loose weight. Avocado oil can also be used for cleansing, by simply massaging the oil on the skin for two to four minutes and gently wipe away with warm wash cloth.
- Tomatoes.......this is an all rounder food; it makes an excelllent skin treatment for everything from large pores, acne to rashes and more. Tomatoes have cooling elements to soothe raw skins, astringents to remove excess oil and Vitamin C and A to brighten dull skin. Tomato and Avocado mask is great for combination skin and by this I mean oily, normal or dry skin. To make this soothing mask, mash tomato and avocado togehter in a bowl, mix well and smooth on your face. Rinse after 20 - 30mins with lukewarm water.
- Olive Oil......... am sure this isnt't new to ut, we must have all been advised at one point or the other to cook with olive oil rather than butter or all those fatty oils we use. Olive oil is a healthier unsaturated fat and it helps bansish dry skin and wrinkles in the process. It is also good for cleansing the skin.
- Carrots.....you want to protect those lovely eyes and sight of yours, then you might want to indulge in more carrots than you are used to, especially carrot juice. Carrots contain Vitamin A which is essential for healthy hair and eyes.
- Yoghurt.....There are lots of benefits we can get from yogurt. Yogurt as we all know is a healthy food and it’s good for both young and old ones. This is thick, yummy and creamy. Aside from that, it’s also very nutritious because you can get a lot of nutrients to keep you healthy and it also helps to protect you from illnesses because yogurt also contains zinc. Yogurt is not only a good food. There are a lot of medicinal benefits we can get from it. This is also very good in achieving a better skin and healthier skin because it contains lactic acid, which we all know is good in making our skin smooth. We can use it for treating acne. Just put enough yogurts on your face and let it stay for a few minutes and then wipe it to clean. You can mix the plain yogurt with some brewer’s yeast.
- Honey... this can be used to soften the skin and add moisture to it, if properly used. For example, if you have a dry skin, Honey can be used to add mositure back to your dry skin. mix 4 tablespoons of honey and 3 tablespoons of milk together, apply this over your face and neck areas, rinse off after a few minutes preferably 5 mins.